7.12.2010

2010 Fit for Life


This past weekend my friend from work Amanda and I ran together in the 5k race Fit for Life. Granted it was only a 3.1 mile race, but it was Amanda's first race and we wanted to run it, she ran a little harder and faster than I, and I could have probably pushed my self harder than I did, o well there is always next time I did finish at about 33 min and 20 sec.
I was not gutsy enough to run the 1/2 marathon like you Teri!! Congratulations by the way for running that hard and finishing, that is amazing. One of these days I will get to that 1/2 marathon just not quite yet! I will be running in my first 10k in October with my husband, he is a great person to run with because he pushes me to my limits which is a good thing. This will be the next step towards that 1/2 marathon. I also wanted to congratulate Jenny for the hard work that you did in your triathlon, that is also amazing. I haven't even had kids yet and I can barley do a 3.1 mile race. Good job to the both of you!!

5 comments:

McClains said...

Oh thanks, Great job on your race as well! You've done the hardest part...committing to change habits and RUN! Awesome, keep it up!

Marcel & MaryBeth said...

what 10K are you running in in October? I'm doing a half in October

Teri said...

I wish I would have seen you!! I ran in that race too! Congrats it was so fun!

Teri said...

I just read the post... after my first comment! Thanks I totally wish I would have seen you there, it has been a long time. Can't waite to see you run your first half... you will rock it!

Dessa Mae said...

You should have called me! I would have come!!