10.28.2012

Boise Temple Open House

The Boise temple has been closed for almost a year, for extensive remodling. I am so excited that it is about to re-open again! Ben's family and I all had the oportunity to walk throught the NEW Boise temple just a few days ago. They did such a wonderful job on all the upgrades. It was beautiful before but it is even more beautiful today. Inside they updated everything. There is dark wood finshings all around. All of the floors are so shiny and bright. They replaced the gray and white marble on the outside of the temple with white granite from China. It looks very updated and modern. Words can not justfy how amazing it is. Any way it looks spectacular. I encourage all of you to walk through the Temple during the open house. The open house is now until November 10th. Anyone can walk through the temple and see all the rooms, before it is dedicated again.

I learned a thing or two about our temple here in Boise. It was first built in 1984, and dedicated at the time by Gorden B. Hinckley in May. Since I was not even born yet during this time. My two older sisters remember walking through the first open house that was held during that time. They have talked about those things they could remember at such a very young age. They remembered putting on the booties to cover their shoes, so that the carpet would stay clean.

The Boise Temple is currently the 27th operating temple out of 139 temples total. There are also 15 temples under construction right now, and 14 more temples to be built including the Meridian Idaho temple. This brings the grand total of temples all around the world to 168. The Boise temple was the second Temple to open in Idaho after the Idaho Falls temple. I think it is amazing that I belong to a church that is all over the world. It is a true testiment of how true our church is.

The Temple will be redicated November 18th, and will re-open Tuesday November 20th for ordinance work. I am very excited for the temple to be functional again. Can't wait to go back.

Here are a few photos of the evening.



Any untill next time TTFN!!

No comments: